Monday, November 27, 2006

Looking through to the otherside.

So I took Thanksgiving off from Blogging on theory no one would be reading on Thanksgiving. A lot has changed Politically in a very short time. I found this clip from the National Republican Congressional Committee in case I had forgotten. "The NRCC is a political committee devoted to increasing the 231-member Republican majority in the U.S. House of Representatives." http://www.nrcc.org/about/ Now I mostly posting this because it is fun reminding myself of the changing of the guard in Congress, but it is also important to note the language of our opponents use, particularly when they are right. The goal of the NRCC when they were in power was increasing their majority. Not holding or defending, increasing their Majority. When I mentioned to my friend the interesting fact the NRCC has not updated the website, and therefore have a purpose that no longer exists. It was deemed funny,but was also met with a question that I thought the whole blog deserved an answer. The question was why would I even be visiting the Republican Website in the first place. The truth you can learn far more from watching your opponents than allies. Watch John McCain talk about social issues, and the first thing you notice is how uncomfortable he gets talking about them. He simply doesn't want to talk about them. Moving specifally to the NRCC, want to know how things are going, which challengers are they touting. Which Challengers are they no longer talking about. Patterns begin to emerge that can be extremely helpful when making decisions. When James Dobson says that a Mormom would be an unacceptable President and his involvement was key in the House Primary in Michigan 7. These cues give valuable information. That is why I quite often read what the otherside is saying, not because I would ever agree with them but because I need to know what they know to be good at this.
Links
www.rnc.org
www.nrsc.org
www.nrcc.org
www.realclearpolitics.com

No comments: